A Touch of Nostalgia

I know I said it once before, but it bares repeating; @Sherri every time I see you working on these themes I get a flood of memories; having been one of your original customers and followers from (and I mean) way back before you even had the website, First version Sherri worked on for me 3.x; it just amazes me. I know I said it before so I will not bore you with the minutia of a blundering noise of repeat phrases like 'Sherri's work is the best' or 'Man there is no other type of theme like Sheri's', because it goes without saying.

Finally remembering my password and locating the website I signed up in 2012, and can continue to watch her develop over the years. I bought my first theme from invision power's (what was new back then) Marketplace, back when it was Invision Power Board, not Invision Power Services. When they used a live chat program they no longer support.

Just seeing the themes always amazes me 'Personally I keep the theme here on Pumpkin Patch' as I love the fall colors. And Pumpkin Patch was my first theme, followed by Halloween. Heck at one point I had purchased the majority of them back when the website began to get built. I remember the lifetime subscriptions, back when she was offering them. Since I am on the topic, what is / was your favorite theme.

Again, mine is Pumpkin Patch. I do want to be clear here, I am not looking for accolades or anything special -- sometimes it just comes from the heart and just means something to someone.

Thank you @Sherri

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A nice sentiment Brian, but when you pay good money for a theme/skin and don't see any updates for a year and then apps don't work because of an outdated theme it makes you wonder if it was worth paying out in the first place. Don't get me wrong I wish Sherri all the best in getting back on track , are we going to see any discounts for waiting so long? 4.5.2 is out and still no updates.

• Like 1

@Logan I do see your plight, and I do see what you are saying here, I would also further my sentiment by saying how sorry I feel for your experience with her and or her products. I wish there would be some way of turning a bad experience around. In this, your situation. I wonder if something could have happened with her personally? It usually is what makes something like that happen, I'm pretty patient so I tend to let these types of situations go as there is enough wrong in the world these days. A theme update is far low on the spectrum of issues in 2020.

I'd reach out to the staff here Logan, my experience with the staff has been nothing but phenomenal. 

Unfortunately the majority of people in this world today don't have any patience and I would consider waiting a year for updates as being fairly patient. I am one of the lucky ones I just disable a theme if it doesn't work and then spend time fixing it for myself, I don't distribute any fixes as the theme is not mine to do so.

However there are probably quite a few people who don't have the financial resources to just go and buy another theme or; and I am in no way trying to be condescending have the knowledge to fix them (my fixes are not the best but they work with all my apps).

I do appreciate that there may be extenuating circumstances in this matter as I myself suffer with mental illnesses; but going forward it would be nice for ibtheme to have some contingency plan.